Adoption IS A Nightmare
A friend sent me this today and I want to share it with you
who read my diary:
Now active in civilian life, Colin Powell continues to live
his life by 13 rules that he collected over the years. It's
been reported that he kept these written down on a small
white card labeled "Colin Powell's Rules." Many of his
admirers in the Pentagon kept copies at their desks or in
* Colin Powell's Rules *
1. It ain't as bad as you think it is. It will look better
in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that,
when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good
7. You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let
someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don't take counsel of your fears or nay Sayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.