Try a new drinks recipe site
The Role of a Sustainability Reporting Consultant in India
The role of a sustainability reporting consultant in India can vary depending on the specific needs of the company, but here are some everyday tasks and responsibilities:
1. Conducting materiality assessments: A sustainability reporting consultant can help a company identify the most significant environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues relevant to its business and stakeholders through a materiality assessment. This can involve engaging with stakeholders and reviewing the company's operations, products, and services to determine which ESG issues are most important to report on.
2. Developing sustainability strategies and goals: A consultant can assist a company in setting sustainability goals and developing a strategy to achieve them. This includes identifying and prioritizing areas for improvement, establishing key performance indicators (KPIs), and creating an action plan.
3. Conducting ESG data analysis: A consultant can help a company gather and analyze ESG data to determine its impact on the environment, society, and governance. This data can then be used to track progress against sustainability goals and inform decision-making.
4. Reporting on sustainability performance: A consultant can help a company prepare and publish its sustainability report. This includes developing a reporting framework, collecting, and analyzing data, and preparing narrative content for the report.
5. Engaging with stakeholders: A consultant can assist a company in engaging with stakeholders, such as investors, customers, employees, and communities, to understand their expectations and concerns related to sustainability. This can involve conducting surveys, hosting stakeholder meetings, and responding to stakeholder inquiries.
6. Guiding ESG reporting frameworks: A consultant can help a company navigate the various ESG reporting frameworks, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and select the most appropriate framework for its business.
Overall, a sustainability report consultant in India assists companies in improving their ESG performance and reporting, enabling them to meet regulatory requirements, enhance transparency and accountability, and build trust and credibility with stakeholders.
Agile Advisors, a sustainability reporting consultant in India:
Sustainability Reporting Advisory:
Reporting on ESG performance has increasingly become important for organizations globally. Our robust methodology ensures that the sustainability report we develop integrates the global and regional sustainability frameworks such as UN SDGs, UNGC principles, GRI Standards, GHG Protocol, etc. As a sustainability report consultant, we have worked on 20 reports for clients across industry sectors.
Sustainability Strategy Development:
Our sustainability strategy approach guides companies through ESG challenges by starting where you are along your sustainability journey and helping you to develop a comprehensive sustainability strategy that supports your company’s business objectives. As a sustainability reporting consultant, we have developed sustainability strategies for government and private sector organizations.
We review the report and audit the non-financial data to provide our assurance opinion for a sustainability report. We have a pool of resources having expertise in different sustainability issues, including energy, water, waste, human resources, etc. We have provided sustainability assurance to several clients.
CSR Management System - ISO 26000:
ISO 26000 is viewed as assessing and implementing an organization’s commitment to sustainability and overall performance. We have supported several organizations in implementing CSR management systems in line with ISO 26000 requirements.
Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR & BRSR):
Business Responsibility Reporting (“BRR”) and the upcoming business responsibility and sustainability reporting (“BRSR”) are mandated sustainability disclosures expected from stock exchange-registered companies. The requirements were issued by SEBI, India. We help our clients identify, monitor and report on the KPIs in line with the BRR / BRSR requirements.
Sustainable Supply Chain:
Supply chain management is an indispensable part of a business’s sustainability program. Knowing the environmental, social, and economic impact of the supply chain is becoming increasingly common as all industries move towards a more sustainable future. We at Agile assist organizations in identifying, managing, and setting goals and targets against supply chain risks and opportunities.