Getting it done losing weight 😊
Hell yeah!! We all blame Covid for gaining weight. Everyone I know gained weight. Well, after 1 1/2 years of it, we are somewhat back to normal living now. Not entirely but meh, good enough for me. I myself went from 160 to a whopping 174 lbs. Maybe just maybe some of it is muscle gain but if any, I'd guess maybe 5 lbs so the rest is fat fat fat. I decided it was time and that's why I joined the gym's classic 6 week challenge. It was a stronger challenge actually but I modified my diet to be a weight loss challenge. Look at me as if I know what the heck I'm saying huh? hehe.
I do recall the meal plan we had for losing weight when I first did it so it's easy-peasy. Just following it is the real challenge. So here's the basic plan.
1) Drink a min of one gallon of water daily
2) Get adequate sleep
3) Have a meal plan and eat your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Doing this keeps that oven in you burning so you keep burning your calories. Also, add three snacks between meals. A must. Sounds back-butt backwards to eat more than eat less huh but it works. Been there done that and doing it again.
4) lean meats, chicken breasts, turkey, and fish will be your main source of protein.
5) You still need carbs but just the right ones
6) fruits to eat are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, black berries. That's all that was suggested. Stick to that. Just trust me. They taught me that sugar is sugar is sugar in any form. Apparently, these have not as much sugar as the rest of the fruit? Dunno. Just know that it worked for my weight loss.
7) Any and all kinds of veggies. However, the best of the best are broccoli, spinach, romaine lettuce, asparagus, and that other small round bland one that I can't recall right now due to brain fart.
8) Frank's red hot sauce, tabasco, cholula, sriracha, mustard, vinegar, and all those spicy sauces are actually ok to use.
9) Protein needs to be weighed according to your total weight. I know for me, it's about 5 ounces of protein for my three main meals.
10) No alcohol. Now they say it's ok for a little bit but you know how that goes. Can't have just one so I personally decided to be sober while I'm on this 6 week thing.
11) work out. Best thing in the world in my opinion is an instructor led crossfit type of class. That way, you won't get bored. Just hitting the gym getting on the machines by yourself get boring after awhile. People need to socialize. Even if you're an introvert, at least there will be someone near you doing the exact same thing feeling the exact same burn from the workout and that in itself is inspiring.
This is my kung-fu and it is strong lol 🤪 (Millenials won't understand this joke). Now for the Karens out there that'll for sure judge me, this is my diary and I can barely spell kinesiology so please save any mean comments about endangering someone's life. This is just my thang and writing in my diary is my therapy to stay as cool as I can be. Speaking of the gym, I've been doubling up on my workouts. People think I'm nuts. Instead of 5, I completed 10 last week. That 6 days of classes and some days I had to double up. One morning class before work and another after work of course. So yeah..10. Today is Saturday and I will double up this morning back-to-back making it another 10. I'm beating everyone's attendance on this 6 week challenge. We need 30 in 6 weeks and I will have completed 20 in just two. I'm way ahead of the crowd and I know for sure a participation trophy has my name on it somewhere. 🏋️♂️ Best thing about this? I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I know the first week was probably water and my guts flushing out the bad food. So after this week, I hope to keep losing a couple pounds a week till I get to 160 lbs again. 155 would be ideal. Not sure it that is a healthy weight though so I'll do another full body scan after 6 weeks and see if the blob looks any better. But 8 pounds still feels great to lose. I can jump rope on one leg again a lot easier than I was doing a few weeks ago. Best thing though? I met a lot of new friends. Who knows? Maybe some will one day end up being a core friend too?
Fat Sponge Bob signing off
Try a new drinks recipe site