Broken Glass Park
Try a free new dating site? Wiex dating
Top 20 Songs I Hate
The honorable -or- in this case, dishonorable mention:
21. "Save The Best For Last" - Vanessa Williams
- "Sometimes the sun goes round the moon." And then, we all incinerate and die! Lol. I know it's just a metaphor, but I love science and astronomy too much to let it slide. Dumbest lyric I ever heard in my life. At one point, the song was number one on my list. Other than that one really stupid line, the song is beautiful. The overall theme of the song is nice -- I just wish that one part would be re-written. Maybe something like: 'Sometimes the sun gets eclipsed by the moon.' I don't know. Snow can come down in June in certain places. I love metaphors, just not that one in particular!
Now, to the actual countdown!:
20. "It Takes A Little Time" - Amy Grant
- This song just gets on my nerves. They never got the Titanic turned around! Lol. Okay, at this point, you can maybe say I take things too literally. I should make a list of lyrics I love... Great idea!
19. "As Long As You Love Me" - Backstreet Boys
- Let's just go through the chorus:
"I don't care who you are"
Well, isn't that the whole reason you love someone? Lol.
"Where you're from."
This part makes sense.
"What you did"
So, they can be a psycho serial killer and it's still all good? Lol.
If you think I took that too far, there's this lyric in the second verse that goes: "Doesn't really matter if you're on the run, it seems like we're meant to be." !!!
The song reeks of desperation.
18. "Bright" - Echosmith
It's like they are trying to use astrological and astronomical concepts to sound really cool. The lyric, "Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me?" doesn't make sense. Venus has to do with love, not Jupiter! As someone who is into astrology, that annoys me!
17. "Cool Kids" - Echosmith
I actually really love the sound of the music, but I'm not trying to fit in with society or the so-called "Cool Kids." I'm not saying I never felt that way ever, but it's so much better to just be yourself.
16. "Shook Me All Night Long" - ACDC
It's just those first lyrics that gross me out: "She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean."
15. "The Whistle Song" - Flo Rida
Like I want to hear a whole song about a guy getting a blowjob. No thanks.
14. "Big Girls Don't Cry" - Fergie
This whole song can be summed up as the "Its not you, it's me," cliche.
13. "Satisfy" - Verdera
This is one of the whiniest songs I've ever heard in my life. It sounds like a teenage girl just whining on the chorus with the lyrics of, "Is there anything left in this world that will satisfy me? Is there anything left in this world that will satisfy you tonight?" Like, damn, grow up! And the way she sings it is whiny as hell too!
12. "Invisible" - Clay Aiken
I believe this song is well-intentioned, but it's creepy when he's saying he wishes he could be a fly on her wall or invisible watching her (or I guess watching him, since he's gay, lol.) in her room. It's just cringy AF.
11. "Upside Down" - Diana Ross
My main problem with this song is when she says, "Respectfully I say to thee I'm aware that you're cheating when no one makes me feel like you do." I understand if she still loves him, but that is one of the biggest turn-offs and I would leave that relationship immediately! I'll put up with a lot, but not cheating and/or beating!
10. "Material Girl" - Madonna
If this song is a joke, a commentary on society, much like what Poppy does now, I love it. But, because I can't tell if it's serious or not, it has to be on this list.
9. "Oops... I Did It Again" - Britney Spears
I'm not into playing games... especially not with other people's hearts, so this song really doesn't appeal to me.
8. "Work From Home" - Fifth Harmony
Lyrically, it's pretty dumb, but my problem with the song is that the music sounds like "The Rugrats" theme song. Yuck!
7. "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" - Joan Jett
Not into 17-year-olds. This is sick.
6. "Tell Me (I'll Be Around)" - Shades
This is way worse than "Material Girl" by Madonna, though the same idea, but this actually sounds serious!
5. "17" - Winger
This song is really, really sick.
4. "Radio Stars" - Kraftwerk
This is the only song on my list with no lyrics and I love Kraftwerk, but good God is this song annoying! It's like a 'boing-boing-boing' noise over and over again with some spoken words. So, I guess there are technically some lyrics, but the point is, that I don't even think I can call this music! This could potentially be used to torture prisoners if played on repeat! Just the 3 minutes and 34 seconds is hell enough! I looked up the lyrics, not much to them, very simple, kind of cool actually, but the torture of the beat... geez.
3. "Last Resort" - Papa Roach
Ultimate teen angst song, which is exactly what makes it so annoying. Can there be an anti-cutting song and something that argues against suicide, please? Like, no matter how hopeless life seems, it's not worth taking your own life. This song is horrible.
2. "Macarena" - Los Del Rio
The reason I hate this song is because it's about a girl who cheats on her boyfriend with his 2 friends as it says right in the 2nd verse: "Now, come on, what was I supposed to do? He was out of town and his 2 friends were so fine." Horrible.
1. "Sunny Came Home" - Shawn Colvin
Psycho bitch came home to burn her house down. I don't care if the husband was abusive or whatever that story is, she burns the house down with him in it. That's murder.