List Of Love
"Creature Fear" by Bon Iver
August 16, 2014 Saturday 6:20 PM
I am calm. After my last entry, I read from Chapter 16 to Chapter 21 in the book Nectar In A Sieve by Kamala Markandaya. It was one of the two school assigned books, along with Night by Elie Wiesel. I only just began reading that one, and it deeply saddens me. Both books are really depressing, actually.
I prefer Night because I am more drawn in by the writing and the history of massively violent events has always interested me.
Nectar In A Sieve just does not hold my attention as much, but I'm able to appreciate that it is well-written. I also started drawing. I finished the face in this picture: http://be-yondrepair.tumblr.com/post/92785190729
I have yet to post it because it's disproportionate. I don't plan on fixing it because THAT requires erasing all my hard work from last night but... I might anyway. Who knows. I also began a drawing of my hand gripping a pencil and stabbing it through a piece of paper.
I'm not sure why I decided to draw that.
I am going to make a list of things I love. Here I go.
THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY AGAIN
This page on my blog holds my favorite art and quotes and things from favorite movies. It always cheers me up.
2. My favorite movies, including; Donnie Darko, Kings Of Summer, The Big Lebowski, Fargo, Scott Pilgrim VS. The World, Beetlejuice, Clueless, Beauty & The Beast, and Phantom of the Opera. There may be more, but I have yet to realize them.
3. My favorite books; Chaos Walking series (Patrick Ness), Catcher In The Rye (J.D. Salinger), Harry Potter Series (J.K. Rowling), Slaughterhouse-Five (Kurt Vonnegut), most books by Chris Van Allsburg for their haunting art, and the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan (not for it's writing which isn't great but for the happiness it brought me and introducing me to Greek Mythology). Again, there may be more, and I might update this list.
4. Favorite TV shows; Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Scrubs, Doctor Who, The Office, and Bob's Burgers. There is probably more.
5. Words I like: Deteriorate, celestial, lovely, incessant, zephyr (it reminds me of a book by Chris Van Allsburg), precisely, callow, whisper, divine, slumber, hapless, desolate, cavern, solemn, ethereal, elysium (an ancient Greek afterlife concept), eloquence, brethren (I think I got a few of these words from someone else's word list but I liked them), ramparts, nostalgia, wily, effervescent, demise, transcendental, and whimsical.
6. When my dog is happy.
7. Writing, reading, and drawing.
8. Thinking about traveling and/or actually traveling. Remembering the places I've been and how stunning they were.
9. Listening to calming music.
10. Beautiful plants.
11. Not being alone. Spending time with friends, I mean. Not having to try too hard because they've probably already seen me when I looked super shitty.
12. Waking up early without feeling tired.
13. Being able to breathe easily and freely.
14. Listening to birds and crickets and wind and rain.
15. Playing Minecraft.
16. Feeling clean and ready for the world.
18. The smell of the seasons changing.