Jack's Twisted Kingdom
End 2010 Meme
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? I managed
somehow, to have moved in & out of 4 provinces and 4 cities in 4
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more
for next year? Uhm, honestly, if I made some, I don't remember them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no, thankfully, I thought my grandpapa
might knock off that was terribly annoying.
5. What other countries/states/provinces did you visit? Manitoba,
Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia. I pretty much flew 7600km's this
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? a
girlfriend and some semblance of normalcy.
7. What dates/events from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory,
and why? 17 hours before I get picked up by the SS Gestapo I was in
bed with a really nice girl who I probably would have kept seeing and
dating. Needless to say, it was quite like having your last meal
before the executioner takes off your head.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Managing not to
completely lose my mind.
9. What was your biggest failure? lack of foresight, and not listening
to my gut instincts about things when I should have and wouldn't have
gotten myself hauled off to the gulag.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major, although I've
been gutted a few times by food poisoning.
11. What was the best thing you bought? well, Amanda bought me a plane
ticket and I paid her back.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Liam and Amanda before they
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Liam and Amanda
after they split up.
14. Where did most of your money go? new used car, movies.
(ostensibly, I'd like to say hookers and blow, but, we all know thats
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? heh.
cookies and blondes. seriously, the highlight of the year, and if
nothing else comes of it, it'll still be the best part of 2010.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? La Roux - Bulletproof
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? oh definitely happier
b) thinner or fatter? I lost weight, gained it back, lost some of it.
c) richer or poorer? neither
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? planned things out, like
seriously, shouldn't have moved to vancouver, but, well, I'm here now.
going to make the best of it.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? let whimsy carry me away.
seriously, I'm like the boy who not only cried wolf, but got on his
back and rode off into the sunset.
20.What did you do on valentines day? Went on an undate with a
gorgeous french girl who didn't return my affections putting yet
another crack in my fractured heart.
21. Which LJ people did you meet this year? Adrien! She's Roxors!
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? I fell in lust with a french girl.
and could fall madly in bed with a blonde girl who've I've enjoyed
stolen glances at for years.
23. How many one-night stands? technically. one. and NOT on purpose.
24. What was your favourite TV program? Lost Girl, Rake, Misfits and
How not to live your Life.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
hates a strong word. I've become dismissively apathetic towards my now
26. What was the best book you read? Tai Pan & Noble House
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Florence & the Machine
28. What did you want and get? My trust bs sorted out, that really,
was the only thing aside from a girlfriend I wanted all year long.
29. What did you want and not get? True Love. hahaha. I wanted a
girlfriend, 2011 is looking up, depends on where the winds take
things, I expect nothing, and I hope for everything.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Never Let Me Go, The
Tourist & The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo are def my fan fav's
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was
Ancient on my birthday and did nothing.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Gulag Grey, and Moores Black Collection
34. What kept you sane? The undeniable truth that in losing, I
ultimately won and defeated all my enemies, conquered my challenges,
and in the end, I'm actually, quite sated and happy now.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Keira
Knightly as always.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Obama being a twat.
Iggy being a twat.
37. Who did you miss? I missed my cat inky. I missed no one person,
most of the people I know with a handful of (literally, 5 people)
exceptions, abandoned me to the winds.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Adrien.
39. How did you spend Christmas? I spent it talking to a lovely girl.
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Kismet & Fate
can be fickle things. It can also be wonderful. It can be strange, and
bizarre and show you things you didn't think were possible. Where ever
you land, there you are, things never quite turn out how you plan, but
sometimes, things happen for a reason, to get you to where you need to
be. I don't know I entirely believe that, but I want to, and I can
only hope things continue to be as good for me at this moment and only
get better. Because I quite like how my life is right now, and things
are only looking up.