Spiritual Journey: Book of Shadows
Try a free new dating site? Wiex dating
Principles of Belief
The Council of American Witches 1974 (that means this is
not written by me, make sure you know that now)
1. We practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural
rythm of life forces marked by the phases of the moon and
the seasonal quarters and cross-quarters.
2. We recognize that our intelligence gives us a unique
responsibility towards our environment. We seek to live in
harmony with nature, in ecoligical balance offering
fulfillment to life and consciousness within an
3. We acknowledge a depth of power greater than is apparent
to the average person. Because it is far greater than
ordinary, it is sometimes called supernatural, but we see
it as lying within that which is naturally potential to all.
4. We concieve of the Creative Power in the universe as
manifesting through polarity - as masculine and feminine -
and that this same creative power lives in all people, and
functions through the interaction of the masculine and
feminine. We value neither above the other, knowing each to
be supportive of the other. We value sexuality as pleasure,
as the symbol and embodiment of Life, and as one of the
sources of energies used in magickal practice and religous
5. We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or
psychological worlds - known sometimes as Spiritual World,
the Collective Unconsciousness, the Inner Planes, Etc. -
and we see in the interaction of these two dimensions the
basis for paranormal phenomena and magickal exercises. We
neglect neither dimension for the other, seeing both as
necessary for our fulfillment.
6. We do not recognize an authoritarian hierarchy, but do
honor those who teach, respect those who share their
greater knowledge and wisdom, and acknowledge those who
have courageously given of themselves to leadership.
7. We see religion, magick, and wisdom-in-living as being
united in the way one views the world and lives within it -
a world view and philosophy of life, which we identify as
Witchcraft or the Wiccan Way.
8. Calling oneself Witch does not make a witch - but
neither does heredity itself, or the collecting of titles,
degrees, and initiations. A witch seeks to control the
forces within him/herself that make life possible in order
to live wisely and well, without harm to others, and in
harmony with nature.
9. We acknowledge that it is the affirmation and
fulfillment of life, in a continuation of evolution and
development of consciousness, that gives meaning to the
universe we know, and to our personal role within it.
10. Our only animosity toward Christianity, or towards any
other religion or philosophy-of-life, is to the extent that
it's institutions have claimed to be "the one true right
way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to
suppress other ways of religious practices and belief.
11. As American Witches, we are not threatened by debates
on the history of the Craft, the origins of various terms,
the legitimacy of various aspects of different traditions.
We are concerned with our present, and the future.
12. We do not accept the concept of "absolute evil" nor do
we worship any entity known as Satan or the Devil as
defined by Christian tradition. We do not seek power
through the suffering of others, nor do we accept the
concept of personal benefits can only be derived by denial
13. We work within Nature for that which is contributory to
our health and well-being.
Try a free new dating site? Short sugar dating