My Spiritual Journal
Try a new drinks recipe site
When Others Fail Us - Part 1
When Others Fail Us - Part 1
2 Timothy 4:9-18, 1:15
* When you've reached the darkest moment of your pain, if
you open your eyes you will see the light of the Son of God
* Your family avoids you; your friends desert you in the
time of deep pain.
* They need to examine the attitude towards those who are
* One of those persons who experienced hurt was Apostle
- He was deserted by 15 of his friends, and one who was
not his friend.
* We take one another for granted because we judge
* And Paul, just as human as any one of us, when he needed
presence, when he needed friends, when he needed support,
when he needed encouragement, he knew that God would do
it, but he needed some human voice to say, "Paul, I'm
hanging in there with you. I want you to know that I love
you. I'm supportive of you and you can count on me in
this." He never got it.
* Whether it's friends, family, husband, wife, sister,
brother, parent, child - Why do we fail one another? Why
do we desert each other? Why do we walk away?
- It doesn't make a difference if you're wrong or not.
- When standing with a friend, you don't stand with them
when the weather's fair, you stand with them when it�s
stormy, when the waves are high, when the wind is
- Genuine true friends don't walk away when the clouds
become very dark and you think the boat is going to sink.
That is not the time to walk away.
- They are your friends until you start going down.
1. ONE REASON IS PURE INSENSITIVITY.
- Those are the ones who say they'll be praying for you,
see ya later. Most of the times that's not what those who
are hurting need. How about giving them a handshake or a
hug or saying, "You can count on me."
- Nothing can be further from being a friend than copping
out by saying "I'm gonna be praying for you." A spiritual
cop-out. That's insensitivity. That's hypocrisy.
2. ANOTHER REASON IS PEOPLE TRY TO HIDE INSIDE THEIR OWN
"I don't have time for anybody because I've got so many
problems of my own."
"I have my family to worry about."
"I got my own financial situation."
Suddenly no place and no room in their life for someone
they called a friend.
3. ONE OF THE PRIMARY REASONS FOR BACKING OFF AND
ABANDONING A FREINED IS A JUDGMENTAL OR CRITICAL SPIRIT.
- Example: When a friend is going through some painful
situation, the person with the judgmental spirit is quick
to focus on what they did to get into that situation.
- The judgmental spirit is not a spirit of a friend. A
friend focuses not on what caused the situation, but "How
can I help?" "You can count on me, I'll stand with you."
* You may be forsaken; you may be deserted; you may be
criticized; you may be abandoned; you may be left in your
pain, your suffering, your heartache no matter what. But
there is one person who will never, never, never, never
leave you. He is our lovingly Heavenly Father in the
person of His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. Always there,
always strengthening us, always encouraging us, lifting us
up, not judging us, not being critical. Loving, forgiving,
helping,supporting and when everybody else fails, there is
one person who will not fail you because He cannot. That
the kind of God He is.
Want some cocktail tips? Try some drinks recipes over here