News and Newsletters
These are some of the minor and major changes to the site.
- An auto option has been added to the timezone selection box on the Account-page
- New feature: hashtags. You can now include hashtags in the entries or the hashtag-field when writing or editing an entry.
- New feature: Public mixed diary. Now it's possible to have mixed private and public entries. You can find the setting under account. This is still in the testing phase, and for now, this feature will only be available to subscribers.
- The "Printable version" link from the view entry page should now be displaying the entries more suitable for printing, again.
- Made some improvements to the refresh button function in messages, and changed the layout a little bit.
- Testing showing read count for entries. For now, those numbers are not absolutely accurate, but should serve as an indicator of how many have read your entries the last 24 hours.
- The backups have been changed a bit. It will now put the entries into separate folders by year. Some more improvements will follow.
- Backups and email notifications should again be working as expected.
- The user log now shows a bit more information. It will be updated again soon.
- I've been working on a new notification system. For now, it will list updated diary entries that you follow.
- Backups are improved. All special characters should display correctly in the backup files.
- Default message listing now shows new messages instead of all
- Updated the timestamps in messages to show correct timezone date
- The 'History' link was moved to the 'Account'-page
- I've added some features for different languages on the diary website.
It's still in early stages, but I would welcome some help with translations. You can take a look at the translations after logging in. Send me a message to support or message me using the messaging system
- There's a new feature, allowing you to block messages from selected users.
We did a major redesign of the web pages. Things should look fine on mobile also now
New servers 2016-08-07
The database and frontend have been moved to better and faster servers. Issues with speed should be solved. Let me know if you notice any issues with the upgrades, or if you have any questions or comments.
Messaging system 2015-01-15
The site now has a messaging system to replace the old feedbacks. The messages function like
the old system, except it requires the sender to be logged in. It no longer shows the email-address of the sender/recipient.
The messages will now appear in a conversation-view that will let you reply and message back and forth.
There are quite a few other minor changes and new features. Poke around to see :)
Any questions or comments, feel free to let me know.
Google/Facebook login 2014-09-13
It's now possible to login with your Google or Facebook account. Existing users can link their diaries to their Google or Facebook account from the "Account"-page. New users can create a diary directly from the frontpage. This function is only for logging in, and will NOT post anything to Google or Facebook. As always, let me know if you have any qustions.
Custom date and time, revisited 2011-09
The public section of the diary will now display the user date instead of the submitted date. This way, you can backdate your entries and they will show in the correct order in the public section (if the diary is private). Private diaries are, of course, still private, and will not show in the public section.
Custom date and time 2011-04-09
I've added a custom datetime field for entries. The main purpose of this is to be able to backdate old diary entries from other media. I'm not quite done with implementing it everywhere, but it should be usable now. Let me know if you spot any problems.
New database server, updates 2011-03-02
The main database was moved to a better server, and it seems to be a lot faster. Let me know if you notice any errors or problems.
Redesign and CSS 2011-02-15
I've updated the first batch of design changes to the site. This should make the site a bit faster, and hopefully make it easier to add custom designs to it later on. It's a rather huge change, so let me know if you spot something that isn't quite right, or if you have any comments or suggestions :)
Restructure and changes 2010-27-08
I've started doing some major code rewrites. The result should be a faster and more stable site. Please let me know if you spot any errors or changes that you don't lilke