Maelstrom143, By Sun or Candlelight
- September 2007
- 03 - Loneliness
- 04 - Loneliness...revisited
- 04 - Mneme Uncovered
- January 2008
- 02 - To Be Me
- 02 - Songs, poems, and all ...
- 02 - Strawberry Wine - by ...
- 02 - One of Us - Joan Osborne
- 02 - Ai wa kanyo de ari, ai ...
- 02 - Long-lost vice...
- 04 - Sometimes Love Just ...
- 06 - Sundown again
- 12 - Between a rock and a ...
- February 2008
- 16 - Two codes, one save.
- 20 - Maddia
- 20 - Viejito Lindo
- 20 - Un Pasado Tan Vacio
- 20 - Camptown Races and all ...
- 20 - "Viejo, Mi Querido ...
- 20 - Shadows' Man
- March 2008
- 25 - I'm Pinging again
- September 2008
- 01 - Too many brands in the ...
- February 2009
- 04 - Don't Nag.
- April 2010
- 04 - Burning
- May 2010
- 05 - The Good Mother - A ...
- June 2010
- 06 - When is it too soon to ...
- August 2010
- 19 - My Lover, My Husband
- 19 - Forever the Ocean
- September 2010
- 01 - Spilled Perfume, By Pam ...
- 10 - Soliloquy
- October 2010
- 05 - I want to whine a bit
- November 2010
- 07 - Random thought processes
- January 2011
- 25 - Funny the things that ...
- May 2011
- 06 - Last Night
- 06 - Longing
- 06 - Close Your Eyes
- 06 - Waiting for the Morrow
- 06 - About me...
- 06 - We Are...
- June 2011
- 08 - Really pissed right now
- July 2011
- 05 - What if...?
- December 2011
- 30 - My Sister
- January 2012
- 03 - Dear Sister
- 29 - Hi Sis
- 30 - Chacho
- February 2012
- 13 - Sand Castles
- 13 - Haunted
- 29 - Some Days Are Better ...
- March 2012
- 31 - Little Butterfly, by ...
- April 2015
- 24 - Compunction
- May 2015
- 02 - The Heat of Me ...
- 18 - I Remember
- August 2015
- 26 - Walk Away
- March 2016
- 11 - Sonnets from the ...
- September 2017
- 04 - Pondering old memories ...
2010-11-08 03:42:11 (UTC)
Random thought processesSometimes I sit here wondering why God allows so much hate and pain
and despair. Why must children suffer? Why is rape allowed? Why does
man kill man and hurt and torture and cause so much havoc in this
world? I read the news about the Balkans and the small wars in Africa
and all the instances of genocide and mass rapes and then I look at
the Medecins Sans Frontiers pamphlets that are sent to me and I cannot
help but hurt inside and wish that things were different. I read the
news and sorrow for the masses and then I wish I did not read the news
or listen, but then I would just be a coward. To not read the news
would be to hide from the horror that is our world…to be an ostrich.
if I can look at the sky and marvel at its beauty in the first hours
of the dawn when all is softness and light then I must also look upon
the moral decay and the ugliness that we add to our world and know
that in all the universe that we know only man can make an ugliness so
encompassing that the whole world is colored in sorrow at its
inception. To do anything less would be cowardly and how could I then
face myself if I only chose to acknowledge the good in this world and
avoid the ugliness? By the same token, it is hard to know so much
ugliness is going on and to know that I am safe and protected in my
life by those that love me and surround me...somehow tonight the
sorrow of these thoughts percolate through my mind as I sit here
quietly reflecting on so many things that run through my mind.
Sometimes I think I should think a little less.