Maelstrom143, By Sun or Candlelight
- September 2007
- 03 - Loneliness
- 04 - Loneliness...revisited
- 04 - Mneme Uncovered
- January 2008
- 02 - To Be Me
- 02 - Songs, poems, and all ...
- 02 - Strawberry Wine - by ...
- 02 - One of Us - Joan Osborne
- 02 - Ai wa kanyo de ari, ai ...
- 02 - Long-lost vice...
- 04 - Sometimes Love Just ...
- 06 - Sundown again
- 12 - Between a rock and a ...
- February 2008
- 16 - Two codes, one save.
- 20 - Maddia
- 20 - Viejito Lindo
- 20 - Un Pasado Tan Vacio
- 20 - Camptown Races and all ...
- 20 - "Viejo, Mi Querido ...
- 20 - Shadows' Man
- March 2008
- 25 - I'm Pinging again
- September 2008
- 01 - Too many brands in the ...
- February 2009
- 04 - Don't Nag.
- April 2010
- 04 - Burning
- May 2010
- 05 - The Good Mother - A ...
- June 2010
- 06 - When is it too soon to ...
- August 2010
- 19 - My Lover, My Husband
- 19 - Forever the Ocean
- September 2010
- 01 - Spilled Perfume, By Pam ...
- 10 - Soliloquy
- October 2010
- 05 - I want to whine a bit
- November 2010
- 07 - Random thought processes
- January 2011
- 25 - Funny the things that ...
- May 2011
- 06 - Last Night
- 06 - Longing
- 06 - Close Your Eyes
- 06 - Waiting for the Morrow
- 06 - About me...
- 06 - We Are...
- June 2011
- 08 - Really pissed right now
- July 2011
- 05 - What if...?
- December 2011
- 30 - My Sister
- January 2012
- 03 - Dear Sister
- 29 - Hi Sis
- 30 - Chacho
- February 2012
- 13 - Sand Castles
- 13 - Haunted
- 29 - Some Days Are Better ...
- March 2012
- 31 - Little Butterfly, by ...
- April 2015
- 24 - Compunction
- May 2015
- 02 - The Heat of Me ...
- 18 - I Remember
- August 2015
- 26 - Walk Away
- March 2016
- 11 - Sonnets from the ...
- September 2017
- 04 - Pondering old memories ...
2010-09-11 03:24:32 (UTC)
SoliloquyWhat makes up the human condition? What allows us to
perceive that condition and how can we know for sure that
what we perceive is reality as the larger portion of the
population perceives it or if our perception is a small
slice of the pie that does not accurately reflect what the
vast majority sees when looking at the world around us? So
often I see things and feel as if what I am feeling or
thinking in regard to what I experience may not be an
accurate formulation when measured against the average
person's feelings toward the same experience. I am so much
better behind the scenes where I can be anything and
everything freely and not have to worry about how it may
come across to others.
So often over the years I have been approached and told how
inaccessible I come across to some people...how cold, but
that is not it at all. So often, it is just that at those
particular moments I have no input to provide, no assistance
to lend...no particular service to render and so I just wait
to find the next moment in time when once again I will be
able to pick up a moment in which to immerse myself and
bathe in the wonderful thing I call my life.
And...it is ok to be considered cruel...so much better to be
cruel in the short term for a purpose than to be kind in
order to avoid hurting anyone. In the end you hurt those you
aim to protect so much worse by leading them down a rosy
path that was never more than imagination and wishful
thinking. Be cruel and don't waste time that you could
better use in pursuit of other endeavors. Life is short.