Maelstrom143, By Sun or Candlelight
- September 2007
- 03 - Loneliness
- 04 - Loneliness...revisited
- 04 - Mneme Uncovered
- January 2008
- 02 - To Be Me
- 02 - Songs, poems, and all ...
- 02 - Strawberry Wine - by ...
- 02 - One of Us - Joan Osborne
- 02 - Ai wa kanyo de ari, ai ...
- 02 - Long-lost vice...
- 04 - Sometimes Love Just ...
- 06 - Sundown again
- 12 - Between a rock and a ...
- February 2008
- 16 - Two codes, one save.
- 20 - Maddia
- 20 - Viejito Lindo
- 20 - Un Pasado Tan Vacio
- 20 - Camptown Races and all ...
- 20 - "Viejo, Mi Querido ...
- 20 - Shadows' Man
- March 2008
- 25 - I'm Pinging again
- September 2008
- 01 - Too many brands in the ...
- February 2009
- 04 - Don't Nag.
- April 2010
- 04 - Burning
- May 2010
- 05 - The Good Mother - A ...
- June 2010
- 06 - When is it too soon to ...
- August 2010
- 19 - My Lover, My Husband
- 19 - Forever the Ocean
- September 2010
- 01 - Spilled Perfume, By Pam ...
- 10 - Soliloquy
- October 2010
- 05 - I want to whine a bit
- November 2010
- 07 - Random thought processes
- January 2011
- 25 - Funny the things that ...
- May 2011
- 06 - Last Night
- 06 - Longing
- 06 - Close Your Eyes
- 06 - Waiting for the Morrow
- 06 - About me...
- 06 - We Are...
- June 2011
- 08 - Really pissed right now
- July 2011
- 05 - What if...?
- December 2011
- 30 - My Sister
- January 2012
- 03 - Dear Sister
- 29 - Hi Sis
- 30 - Chacho
- February 2012
- 13 - Sand Castles
- 13 - Haunted
- 29 - Some Days Are Better ...
- March 2012
- 31 - Little Butterfly, by ...
- April 2015
- 24 - Compunction
- May 2015
- 02 - The Heat of Me ...
- 18 - I Remember
- August 2015
- 26 - Walk Away
- March 2016
- 11 - Sonnets from the ...
- September 2017
- 04 - Pondering old memories ...
2008-02-16 15:15:54 (UTC)
Two codes, one save.I arrived at work today to be told that two of my people
had coded right before the start of my shift. One made it
At first I was disbelieving. I had convinced myself that
the one that passed was looking better, yet...in
retrospect maybe I knew he was going. He was on q2h
watches, yet during my shift I was in his room every 30
min to an hour. Why? The only times I have ever placed my
patients on 30 minute watches was at my old job, when I
felt a person was passing. I don't want them to be alone.
At the start of my shift, he was out of his mind and
lethargic. I kept turning him, moving him, talking to
him...he eventually opened his eyes to the sound of my
voice. I would walk into his room, calling out his name
and asking him to give me a smile, please. He had a lovely
smile, such a very lovely sweet smile with a dimple in his
chin. I hope wherever he wakes up he will find the peace
he could not find here.
As for my other...she is still here, but not. The code
team brought her back, but she is but a shadow of her
No one liked her. She was mean. She was demanding. She was
loud...Now she lays there, so quietly, her eyes glazed
over staring at nothing in particular, the husk that was
her home more like a prison and it seems her soul is
trapped in there with no way to call out.
Her little friend seems so lost without her, so lost and
all alone, walking our halls barefoot and looking at the
floor. They had a lifelong friendship. He tells me they've
known each other for a lifetime. No one really understands
it. They think she treated him like crap...and she did,
but for what it is worth, I think they each met a need in
the other that no one else could and in the end that is
all that matters. She may not be much, but she is all he