Maelstrom143, By Sun or Candlelight
- September 2007
- 03 - Loneliness
- 04 - Loneliness...revisited
- 04 - Mneme Uncovered
- January 2008
- 02 - To Be Me
- 02 - Songs, poems, and all ...
- 02 - Strawberry Wine - by ...
- 02 - One of Us - Joan Osborne
- 02 - Ai wa kanyo de ari, ai ...
- 02 - Long-lost vice...
- 04 - Sometimes Love Just ...
- 06 - Sundown again
- 12 - Between a rock and a ...
- February 2008
- 16 - Two codes, one save.
- 20 - Maddia
- 20 - Viejito Lindo
- 20 - Un Pasado Tan Vacio
- 20 - Camptown Races and all ...
- 20 - "Viejo, Mi Querido ...
- 20 - Shadows' Man
- March 2008
- 25 - I'm Pinging again
- September 2008
- 01 - Too many brands in the ...
- February 2009
- 04 - Don't Nag.
- April 2010
- 04 - Burning
- May 2010
- 05 - The Good Mother - A ...
- June 2010
- 06 - When is it too soon to ...
- August 2010
- 19 - My Lover, My Husband
- 19 - Forever the Ocean
- September 2010
- 01 - Spilled Perfume, By Pam ...
- 10 - Soliloquy
- October 2010
- 05 - I want to whine a bit
- November 2010
- 07 - Random thought processes
- January 2011
- 25 - Funny the things that ...
- May 2011
- 06 - Last Night
- 06 - Longing
- 06 - Close Your Eyes
- 06 - Waiting for the Morrow
- 06 - About me...
- 06 - We Are...
- June 2011
- 08 - Really pissed right now
- July 2011
- 05 - What if...?
- December 2011
- 30 - My Sister
- January 2012
- 03 - Dear Sister
- 29 - Hi Sis
- 30 - Chacho
- February 2012
- 13 - Sand Castles
- 13 - Haunted
- 29 - Some Days Are Better ...
- March 2012
- 31 - Little Butterfly, by ...
- April 2015
- 24 - Compunction
- May 2015
- 02 - The Heat of Me ...
- 18 - I Remember
- August 2015
- 26 - Walk Away
- March 2016
- 11 - Sonnets from the ...
- September 2017
- 04 - Pondering old memories ...
2007-09-04 04:01:56 (UTC)
Loneliness...revisiteddon't call me anymore...
i can't take the loneliness that is in my heart everytime
we talk about the day and how it's gone
all we speak of is everyone else and and what they require
of you and me; banal things and everyday needs, no real
personal touch any longer exists.
i don't want to feel the longing for a touch of heaven
upon my soul nor feel the dry tears that sear my soul when
your voice addresses me, trying to find common ground
where the bridge once stood that now is gone, if it ever
really existed at all.
it used to be we spoke to each other's soul or was it just
all in my mind? my wishful thinking once upon a time? did
i imagine it all? the friendship, the warmth? the common
ground where we used to meet and touch each other's heart?
did we ever really meet or did you just humor me along?
it does not matter, i guess it really does not matter any
i am just tired of feeling so very lonely and hurt and
alien in a land whose features are no longer clear or
maybe i imagined it all...the closeness, the humor, the
best of friends...maybe i just wanted it to be so much
that i fooled myself into seeing rainbows in a barren
did you ever really feel that we were closer than just
friends or did you just humor me so as not to cause me
now i know why you would not try to fix things if they
broke...i don't blame you much...not anymore...i can't
make you feel for me something more than what is in your
maybe what you give will be enough once i steel myself
against the searing pain within my heart.
when i think of what a fool i have been to create a world
of swirling misty dreams...maybe someone like me was never
meant to be with anyone, for my soul seems alien to
everyone when i have spent enough time in their company.